Mold is present everywhere in nature, but when it finds its way into your home it can be a major problem.
Mold Detection & Removal Services
One of the worst contaminants known is the silent but dangerous growth of mold. Mold can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces, such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood and drywall. It can start to grow within 48 hours and if left unchecked, can have serious impacts on both your quality of life and your home’s physical structure. If you see signs of mold or suspect that it has infected your home, ServiceMaster Restore is here to help remediate the problem and prevent long-term damage.
Our IICRC certified mold remediation technicians use industry leading methods and tools to detect, contain, and eliminate mold growth in homes and businesses. We conduct thorough inspections using moisture meters, boroscopes, air sampling, and surface sampling to identify contaminated areas. Once detected, we set up containment barriers and use HEPA-filtered vacuums, antimicrobial agents, and fogging to fully remove mold and prevent recurrence. We properly dispose of contaminated materials. With our advanced drying techniques, we eliminate excess moisture that allows mold to thrive. Our mold remediation process fully restores your home’s air quality and safety.
Don’t let mold jeopardize your family’s health and home. Trust ServiceMaster Restore for proven mold detection and elimination. We stop mold in its tracks and protect what matters most to you.
Don’t Let Your Home or Office and Health be Ruined with Mold!
Mold is present everywhere in nature, but when it finds its way into your home or office space it can be a major problem. Mold can rot wood, corrode metal, and trigger allergic reactions or respiratory issues. We use infrared technology as part of the mold detection process and special chemicals to help remediate the mold and protect your home.
Our mold remediation technicians are highly trained and experienced in containing mold outbreaks and fully eliminating spores and mycotoxins. We begin by assessing the extent of contamination using moisture meters, air testing, surface testing, and lab samples. Once we have a clear picture of the type of mold present and the impacted areas, we develop a tailored mold remediation plan. We properly install containment barriers and use HEPA vacuuming, fogging, and antimicrobial agents to remove mold at its roots. We ensure surfaces are scrubbed and disinfected thoroughly. With our advanced drying systems, we eliminate excess moisture that allows mold to thrive. Don’t let mold take over your home or health – contact us immediately if you suspect mold growth. Our mold remediation process restores the safety and integrity of your home.
Why is Mold a Problem?
Mold gradually destroys the things it grows on and can grow anywhere, including inside:
- Foundations, roofing & HVAC systems
- Drywall, gutters, furnishings & more
In your home, all molds have the potential to cause side effects, including the following:
- Headaches, breathing difficulties & skin irritation
- Allergic reactions, aggravation of asthma symptoms & more
If You Suspect Mold
Here are some things you should do if you suspect a mold problem in your home or office:
- Look for visible signs of mold like black or green spots, fuzzy growth, and musty odors. Inspect any damp, humid, or water-damaged areas closely.
- Purchase a mold test kit and sample different areas to test for mold spores. This can confirm or rule out a mold issue.
- Hire a professional mold inspector to conduct a thorough evaluation. They can identify problem areas and the type of mold present.
- Stop any water leaks immediately and fix other moisture issues like humidity and poor ventilation. Mold needs moisture to grow.
- Run dehumidifiers and fans to actively lower indoor humidity levels below 50%. Mold thrives in damp conditions.
- Clean any small areas of visible mold thoroughly using protective gear, soap, commercial mold cleaners or bleach solutions.
- Remove and dispose of any porous materials like drywall, carpets, or insulation that have mold contamination.
- Have HVAC systems professionally inspected for mold. Mold can grow inside vents and reach living spaces.
- Consult a certified mold remediation company if the issue seems serious or widespread. Do not try extensive removal yourself.
Addressing a potential mold issue quickly is important to prevent spreading and protect health. Seek professional mold remediation if home remedies are not working.
Here are some things you should avoid doing if you suspect mold in your home or office:
- Don’t ignore it – Mold won’t go away on its own. Ignoring visible mold or musty odors will allow the problem to worsen.
- Don’t try to paint over mold – Painting over mold just hides the issue temporarily; it will continue growing under the paint.
- Don’t spray bleach or chemicals without proper protection – Mold spores can be released into the air. Use respirators, goggles, and protective clothing.
- Don’t disturb or spread mold – Avoid breaking or scraping moldy materials. This releases more spores into the air.
- Don’t place furniture or items against moldy walls – Mold can transfer through contact and contaminate possessions.
- Don’t turn up heat or use fans – Higher heat and air circulation spread mold spores faster throughout a space.
- Don’t use humidifiers – Adding more moisture to the air can exacerbate mold growth.
- Don’t wait if you have health concerns – Headaches, breathing issues, and sinus problems may indicate a serious mold issue.
- Don’t attempt large-scale removal yourself – Mold remediation requires proper techniques to contain spores and avoid contact.
The best approach is to have mold professionally inspected and tested. A mold mitigation company can then outline the proper remediation plan.